\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Saturday, January 24, 2009

Confused Weight

I dunno what happened but I'm not happy with my first official weigh-in last Wednesday. I was hoping to see a change. But it wasn't the change that I was expecting. I gained 2 pounds from last week. Whaaaaaaaat?!!!

I've been going to the gym. Been spending hour-long sessions. I've even reunited with my friends, Mr. Treadmill & Mr. Elliptical.

I've been eating healthy stuff. Less rice and more salad. Less soda. Seriously!

I've been eating less sweets. Been staying away from the ever-tempting strawberry dipped in whipped cream & chocolate.

But why did I gain 2 pounds? Life is NOT fair.

My friend, Linda, informed me that on my next weigh-in, I need to wear less clothing. Don't wear thick sweaters. Remove jewelries (I only have an earring, for Chrissakes!).

Anyhoo, I weighed this morning and I'm only 171 pounds according to my scale.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don tuloy mo lang. It takes a couple of weeks for your body to adjust to a diet with reduced sugar.

Also, take Vitamin B Complex every after breakfast. If you can, add in Calcium, Magnesium, and Zinc. You can get both of these at Walmart.

Vitamin B Complex is responsible for metabolizing carbs, fats, and proteins.

Calcium is already proven to reduce the amount of fat absorbed through your digestive system. Zinc and Magnesium helps the body to produce some of the hormones that speed up you metabolism.

Take these regularly to balance the chemical process of you body in addition to the healthy diet and exercise you are already taking.

Also, the ideal time to measure your weight is in the morning right after waking up. This will prevent food and water from causing inaccurate readings.

2:09 AM  
Blogger knottydon said...

Thanks, Alwyn. I hope my multi-vit has the B and calcium (zinc & mag) that you're talking about. Impatient lang ata talaga ako. But I'm feeling good so that helps. Plus, I have you, guys, to support me. Hehehe. Big thanks ulit.

3:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No prob! Another thing, drink water as often as you can. The body needs water to make use of fat as energy. Drink 2 glasses of water right after waking up to remove the morning grogginess due to dehydration. The grogginess will be gone in 5 minutes after drinking. Also, eat portions throughout the day (Breakfast, Snack, Lunch, Snack, Dinner). Breakfast is the biggest meal, Dinner is the smallest. Breakfast should have the carbs, and Afternoon to Dinner should have no or reduced carbs, esp sugar. Body needs energy in the morning and less at night. Sleeping is the time our body fasts, and thus burns fat all throughout the night, a perfect opportunity again to lost weight. Thus, drink a glass of water and/or a glass of milk/protein shake before sleeping.

8:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home