\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sunday, January 11, 2009

Cooking the Perfect Breakfast

This tip is for those who enjoy eating good breakfast. We all know that this is the most important meal of the day. If you like bacon, eggs and fried rice for brekky, you're in for a treat. I'll share with you how I make my favorite brekky. Make sure also to follow the sequence and use medium heat.

First the egg. Sunny side-up is how I like my egg to be cooked. Make sure that the oil is hot enuff. You can test this by sprinkling water on the oil. If it doesn't fight back, then it's not hot enuff. When you're targeting a sunny side-up egg, be sure that the yolk is still jiggly and not chalky. 

You can still use the same hot oil & pan.

Second is the rice. When I wanna cook fried rice the morning after, I refrigerate the rice overnight. This prevents the rice to get sticky. Break 'em with your hands. It's fun! Garlic, garlic, garlic. Chop them up and saute 'em (make sure that the oil is hot). When it turns golden brown, that's the time to dump the cold rice. Put some salt. Mix 'em up.

By this time, your rice has used up all the oil but the pan would still be hot. Perfect for our last item.

It's time to line up your thawed bacon strips on the pan. No need to put oil. When the whole thing changes color, flip. Put the cooked ones on paper towel to drain the excess oil. When you can grab the end of the bacon and it doesn't bend, you have done a good job. Bacon should be crispy and never pale.
 
Bon Appetit!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home