\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Going Back to Motorola

Got a new phone over the weekend. Y'see, I've been using my own phone to call or text peeps around here. That is expensive thing to do ('cause my other phone is on roaming). I'm the only one here who doesn't have a company phone. Sooo, Joy helped me buy one at BestBuy. Thanks, Joy!

We found this Motorola Go Phone (same as my friends') that set me back 10 bucks. They got theirs for, like, 15 bucks. Maybe next time, it will be just 5 bucks ;oP I also got a 25-dollar phone card.

You need to call first from another phone or go online to activate the SIM. Unforch, the AT&T peeps must've been on vacay when I went online. Tried so many times but got frustrated because I kept getting an "Authorization Pending. Try again after an hour." message.

After maybe 3 hours, I tried again. This time, I got lucky. The authorization went through. Yay!

Next step is to buy features. I used another phone to do this. I called the 1-800 number printed on the card the came with the SIM. I bought their 5-dollar worth of 200 messages. That is only good for a month.

I remember, more than a decade ago, my first cellphone was a Motorola. Does MicroTac ring a bell to you? I recall, it used to give me headache because I had to check each call on the bill to make sure I was the one who made it. Hacking was extremely rampant back then. Thank gawd, it doesn't happen anymore these days.

3 Comments:

Blogger freya said...

Finally!!! Woot!!!

2:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

FINALLY!!! Talagang mabait si Lord. :-) At, finally, bumili ka na ng phone. Di kasi namin magets bakit nakaka-afford ka ng mga $150 shirt tapos $15 LANG na phone na sobrang necessity, di ka namin maconvince bumili. Di ba weird?

10:54 PM  
Blogger knottydon said...

Ibisto ba ang spending spree ko =oD

3:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home