\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Reached TriNoma at 3 in the afternoon. Plenty of time to kill for the 5:25 screening of Harry Potter. I went up to the floor where the cinemas are located. There's a short queue of moviegoers on the online reservation section.

When I was a person away from the ticket booth, I unfolded my reservation printout. I almost screamed when I saw the date--July 16th. Checked the date on my iPhone. It's already the 18th. WTF! I remember going to SureSeats and making my reservation on the 16th but I was pretty sure I chose today's date to watch a movie.

When it was my turn, I handed my paper and kept my cool. Then the lady behind the desk said, "Sir, you can't use this anymore." I asked why. She pointed out the date. I acted like I only found out just that second. "Is there anything you can do about it?" and I gave her my puppy dog face. She asked what time I prefer and I answered anytime soon. She looked at her monitor, pushed some buttons and the seating arrangement was displayed for me. I chose a seat near the center and far from the screen. Then she said, "190" that's the cost of the ticket for the THX cinema. Usually it's just 20 bucks lesser.

Bought some cheese popcorn & red iced tea from Taters and ran towards Cinema 7. After 5 minutes, the movie started. Whew! That was close.

If you've read the book, you may not get excited anymore because the element of surprise won't be there.

I miss the HP characters. The last movie was shown, when? 2 frickin' years ago? I'm really lucky to see Daniel Radcliffe live in Broadway last year.

The fiery scene where Gandalf...er, Dumbledore was saving Harry from the Gollum-ish creatures that came out of the lake was so LOTR-ish.

Malfoy looked so pale. He could audition for the Twilight series as one of the vampires.

Professor Snape's hair looks good this time. Not so wig-like anymore.

I'm on Team HermioRon. Love watching the scenes with them both. Emma Watson is pretty, no?

Is it just me or Cormac McLaggen (Freddie Stroma) looks like a younger Ryan Philippe?

I enjoyed the Quidditch scene. Did you know that there's a Muggles version of this game for real?

I forgot that this is the part where Dumbledore dies. When I was reading the book, I thought he'd pull a Gandalf-like stunt and appear once more at the end. And maybe we would hear him saying, "Ha-Ha!" a la Nelson from the Simpsons. But sadly, the Professor is so dead.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home