\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Riding the Metro

For the past couple of weeks, I've been riding the Metro again. From Ayala to Quezon Avenue, the ride is like a journey. Sometimes it's easy-peasy especially when I'm sitting pretty. But most of the time, it's like a battle.

When I leave the office, I walk for, like, 15 minoots to reach the Metro. I pass through the ole Greenbelt, the new Greenbelt (5), Landmark, Glorietta and SM. That's 5 different malls. Can you buh-lieve that?! Usually when I reach the third mall, I'm already sweating like krezy. That's good when I miss my workout. Don't be surprised if you see a face towel, baby powder and perfume in my bag.

At the Ayala station, the scene is quite interesting. There are, not one, not two, but THREE freakin' long lines of people going through security. How long is each line? It's like 30-40 meters or sumpthin'. Crazy indeed!

The security guards, armed with their magic sticks (this could actually detect bombs & firearms!), would ask the peeps with bags to open them. They don't really inspect 'em. They just glance at what you're keeping inside.

While waiting for the next train (usually it takes 10-15 minoots or even longer sometimes), if you look around, you would see peeps wiping sweat off their faces and neck. It's so freakin' hot inside the station. I wish they would scatter electric fans around.

The first coach is for women, elderly and disabled. The rest, it's anybody's ball game. You'd see guys pushing their way in. Sometimes, you'd hear people inside shouting too. A coach jam packed with peeps is not uncommon sight. The problem is, the government only bought a few trains. Tsk! tsk! tsk!

The only benefit of riding the Metro is you can deffo save traveling time. Traffic is so bad here in the Philippines, y'see. So many undisciplined drivers.

I wish the government, instead of spending money on worthless trips, would provide more convenience for the Filipino people. It sucks to pay taxes when you don't know where your money go.

2 Comments:

Blogger candylicious said...

hehehe... na-iimagine ko yung sarili ko nung dakilang commuter pa ko from north edsa to ayala and vice versa.. nakakatuwang-nakakainis... ilang beses na rin akong napaaway sa MRT... yung totoong away! hehehe...

10:51 PM  
Anonymous jhe said...

Sir Don, may jeep po sa ayala ave. papunta ng ayala MRT. :)

5:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home