\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Saturday, January 09, 2010

Avatar

So many have watched it and expressed their amazement. I was planning to watch it during the Holiday season but the MMFF intervened. It's about time I get to see this latest film of James Cameron, the director of "Titanic".

At first I thought that everything was pure CGI. When I saw how real Sigourney Weaver was, I quickly sensed that it was indeed a mix of live action and computer effects. I am so happy that movie making has reached to this level.

By the way, did you know that this is a reunion of Sigourney & James Cameron? Their last movie was "Aliens".

It's nice to see Giovanni Ribisi again. And for a change, he ain't crying in this movie!

Am not familiar with the lead actor, Sam Worthington, though. I didn't get to see any of his past films, including "Terminator Salvation". According to Hollywood news, he might be the next Hugh Jackman. He's going to star in "Clash of the Titans", due early this year.

Okay, let's talk about the effects. OMG! I love all the night scenes where we see the colorful plants glowing in the dark. Just effing B-E-A-utiful! The flying sequences were good too. What's your favorite scene?

Got teary eyed when the humans tore down the giant tree =o(

Let me tell you now, there's NOTHING like seeing this movie in 3D. Don't settle for anything less. I'm now a fan of 3D movies. "Shrek Forever After" and "Alice in Wonderland" are two must-see movies in 3D.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger candylicious said...

I'm waiting for Alice In Wonderland... :) Nice to know you've already watched it.. ;)

My fave scene? Hmmm.... when the glow-in-the-dark "jellyfishes" (sorry, don't know what they are called hehehe... ) covered Jake's whole body....

7:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home