\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Eat. Eat. Eat.

Did you know that I was once a skinny kid who doesn't enjoy eating? Hard to believe, no? But it's true. I remember my yaya won't let me go to school if I don't finish my food. Vitamins after vitamins were given to no avail. A switch must have been turned on sometime when I was in my adulthood. Damn you, metabolism!

Now I enjoy eating (it freakin' shows) and cooking. I love it when people (friends & family) appreciate my effort in the kitchen.

I began my love for cooking when I was still in high school. I remember after watching countless episodes of "Wok with Yan" and tasting good food from my Daddy, I think the COOK gene has been awaken.

I don't own too many cookbooks. The internet has really helped me with most of my recipes. My local cable doesn't have the Food network so that sucks! If I'm not sure what to do, I sometimes call Kuya (he's a very good cook too!)

I am a fan of Martha Stewart and the Pioneer Woman, Ree Drummond. If you visit her site, she'd show you how to cook a meal or dessert step-by-step, complete with photos. I dig her humor too. That's why I love her site. I was planning to ask my friends in the US to get me her cookbook for Christmas but I was so surprised & happy to find her cookbook here at Fully Booked!

Tried some of her recipes and they were quite good. If you've tasted a yellow cupcake with chocolate icing on top and the chocolate cupcake (with a nice Hershey's surprise in the inside) from me, those are hers!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home