\


My Photo
Name:
Location: Philippines

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Old Town, Alexandria

Going to Alexandria is fairly easy. From Ashburn, you take route 7 all the way there. It takes about an hour, give or take.

Ogz & I took a detour to Tysons Corner to have our late lunch. Panda Express was the choice today. I got some orange chicken and Beijing beef. After eating, we checked out Ruehl and Banana Republic. We also bumped into a co-worker named Daejuan.

After finding a free parking space, we first went to my favorite cafe called Uptowner Cafe. Last year, the three of us (including Tomas) went inside this shop for a quick restroom break and some photo op. I love this cafe because they have books or magazines you can read while eating some snacks or having coffee. If I live near Alexandria, I'd probably make this as my official "tambayan" (hangout).
While walking along King st., I was surprised to see this horse again. I guess this is one of the attractions of the town ;oP
We discovered this shop that sells European furniture, decors & stuff. I fell in love with this painting so I requested Ogz to take this photo. I wish I can visit a European country someday.
While looking for more interesting shops, we decided to take a break by a big fountain. Ogz brought some Clover Chips so we ate that while watching these 5 B-Boys. We also had fun judging who our top B-Boy is.
At the Visitor's Center, Ogz asked where the Urban Outfitters is located. The lady there didn't know where it was. Ogz informed her that we went there just the year before. The lady thought maybe the store closed already. She suggested to check out other malls in DC.
Inside this shop, we found standups of Obama, McCain and Hillary. This is as close as we can get to the Presidential candidates. We also bought some towels with a White House embroidery.
Then we reached the Waterfront. This is the busiest area in Old Town. Many things to do here. You can sit on the bench and just watch peeps passing by. Enjoy your ice cream while watching yachts. Pet doggies (my favorite thing to do). Join in the fun with this street magician who seem to love pink so much. Feed the ducks. Play frisbee. Sit on the grass and get intimate with your loved one. Or take a nap (which Ogz & I did).
Around 7, we decided to walk back and find a place to eat. We've tried so many different types of food already and we thought of trying out Greek food tonight. On our way to the Greek resto, we found this candy store. We didn't buy anything though =oP
The place is called "Taverna Cretekou". A lot of peeps were eating here so that's a good sign. We wanted a garden table but there wasn't any available.
Dressed in black with gold accessories, the owner's wife, Denise Papaloizou, asked for our orders and suggested some too. After a few minoots, we were given some appetizer samplers. You have some red caviar there, eggplant, spinach, feta cheese, etc. They taste different but quite good.
As for our main meals, Ogz got the Moussaka (ground sirloin with eggplant) and I got the Dolmades Avgolemono (ground sirloin, rice, mint in grape leaves). Denise informed me that if I wanna see some plate smashing, she invited me to come on a Thursday where they have live music and some dancing too.
Before we left the place, I told Ogz that the Urban Outfitters that he's been trying to find is located not in Alexandria but in Georgetown. He got confused ;oP

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home